Eiropā unikāla, uz izaicinājumiem balstīta bakalaura programma tehnoloģiju uzņēmējdarbībā ar fokusu uz nākotnes kompetenču, tehnoloģiju prasmju un emocionālās inteliģences attīstīšanu.
Business Academy iniciatīva ir par praktisku uzņēmējdarbību un uz kompetencēm balstītu izglītību. Mūsu mērķi ir veicināt studentu iesaisti praktisko problēmu risināšanā, interesi par zināšanu padziļinātu izpratni, palīdzēt pielāgoties mainīgajai videi un attīstīt nākotnes iemaņas un kompetences.
Radošums un uzdrīkstēšanās
Izaugsmes domāšanas veids un ambīcijas
Cieņa un sadarbība
Atbalsts un atbildība
Are you an experienced business/startup professional with leadership experience and a passion for personal growth, building new things, driving innovation & working with ambitious youngsters? Does leading a student team within the ‘Learn-by-Doing’ Technology entrepreneurship bachelor program sound like your next adventure?
If so, then we’d love to chat!
What you will be doing:
Support students in the study process:
- You will be monitoring and analyzing the success of the students learning progress & mentoring them regarding the challenges on the way, ensuring to meet the KPI’s.
- You will be co-responsible with the guest lecturer to set the stage for the course for students to understand the course topic’s importance, come up & align with students regarding the most appropriate course project to get the engagement level needed.
- You will be mentoring students on their study projects by having regular check-ins to discuss their progress, discuss concerns, help to avoid huge mistakes and give some ‘shortcuts’ to get to the best learning and project outcome.
- You will be joining course project presentations to give structured and valuable feedback for improvement.
Support students in personal growth:
- You will be the first contact person for the students for all matters that will be required outside the classroom: issues, challenges, concerns, lack of motivation, team-responsibility issues, time/task management.
- You will be leading and nurturing a team, and you will do your best to make sure your group of students always understands why they are here and that “Everything is hard before it is easy”.
- You will have 1:1 meetings with students to discuss their goals, milestones, concerns and help to navigate their growth journey.
Support students in the student-lead digital service agency & the ultimate internship place *Basaful:
- You will be co-creating the improvements for the student agency’s operational & related matters
- You will be promoting student agency internally & externally as a concept for education purposes & as a service provider for partners, stakeholders & potential clients.
- You will be mentoring student agency’s leads in organizational, managerial & project delivery matters to support the agency’s promise to clients and its dynamic growth.
Administer study process:
- You will communicate & build a good relationship with VUAS administrative units which support the study program and might have additional collaboration opportunities in the future.
- You will be accountable for the study materials, folders, files’ preparation before and maintenance during the semester.
- You will be communicating with guest lecturers to align on the dates & times they will join.
- You will be accountable for the course’s evaluations on the agreed time and quality matters.
Develop study program:
- We have big ambitions and confidence to achieve the goals. It takes a strong execution discipline & being able to notice & grab new opportunities pop-up so you will be co-responsible to identify and leverage new study program development opportunities in line with the strategy.
- We have a very flexible & dynamic set of processes and tools to support an ever-changing study environment. We know that there is always something to improve, so you will be working on new ideas and suggestions in close relationships with students to develop and adjust the study environment.
- You will be driving together with the Program director the feedback sessions to identify new initiatives on improving course experience with your team.
- You will be co-responsible with the program director, other mentors & students regarding the study program’s marketing & student recruiting activities.
- You will be integrating students within the BA ecosystem and stimulating them to engage.
- You will be interacting with primary stakeholders, students, startups, education institutions and other partners to promote entrepreneurial ecosystem development (www.startinventspils.com), open innovations and education evolution knowledge transfer.
Ideally, The Candidate Has These Hard Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor/Master degree in business, communication, marketing or similar
- Experience with the startup ecosystem and innovations
- Experience in leading a consulting / lecture / seminar / webinar / podcast or any other kind of teaching/mentoring format.
- Experience managing and operating an SME.
- You have proven ability to establish trust and the capacity for building alliances between industry, public sector, education and/or other stakeholders.
- You have knowledge and access to tech-related institutions, startups and networks.
- Experience with MS Office, LinkedIn, CRM, Google Workspace, any of the task management tools (Jira, ClickUp, Asana, Trello).
- You are fluent in Latvian & English.
Ideally, The Candidate Has These Soft Skills:
- Strong sense of ownership with a proven record of delivering results.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork, ability to interact and motivate students and other key stakeholders.
- Passion for personal growth, education, emotional intelligence, startups.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- You are ambitious, work independently, take the initiative and have a natural sense of responsibility.
- You are very organized and feel comfortable in the startup (sometimes) chaotic world, in which you recognize new opportunities and possibilities to tackle new projects.
Beneficent, but not mandatory:
- Additional teaching in startup business creation and funding, though not mandatory, is considered a plus.
- Track record experience of own entrepreneurial activities as a founder or investor in startup tech companies is considered a plus.
- You have led/built at least some sort of a product (Might be a fail 🙂 )
- Experience in preparing business plans and pitching in front of investors is an asset
- Project Management experience in IT
- You thrive on solving problems with technology
- Core values and social commitment to the Business Academy & VeA community and beyond matter, of course, for us.
- The opportunity to impact an innovative study program development with the potential to become the new normal.
- The chance to impact your way of working and processes for the studies
- Friendly atmosphere, teamwork-oriented and committed colleagues who love what they do.
- You will have the opportunity to build and develop processes that ensure high-quality teaching and innovation ecosystem in the long term.
- You will have the opportunity to be in the middle of an awesome innovation journey/projects/initiatives.
- You will have the opportunity to involve student's in projects you wish (related to study topics)
- You will have strong support for any (probably crazy) initiatives (VeA, Municipality, VATP, Basaful and other partners)
- Mentor / Inspire next generation in Latvia
- It, probably, won’t be the main motivator, taking into consideration the cross-disciplinary skillset & experience we are looking for, but as an addition to the passion to create, share, teach and a good cause the role supports. We can offer the salary for this semi-fixed yet flexible role in the amount of 1000-2110EUR Gross depending on the experience, due diligence and results.
Expected Start Date
Ideally, in November/December.
Ventspils University of Applied Sciences / Remote. A mix of an in-person and online presence.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, being part of a highly ambitious team that drives new normal evolution for education, click below to apply and get the conversation going!
CV and motivation letter (maximum one page in A4 format), including a vision of the challenges of the development of Ventspils University of Applied Sciences study program “Startup Management” in the context of student team management, cooperation with the industry and attraction of new students, until 19th November 2021. to be submitted electronically by sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so please send through your application any time!
Sludinājums pievienots: 10/11/2021